Sunday, June 17, 2012

Golf Tourney Success!


Dear Parishioners,

Last week, our parish held our first annual golf tournament friend-raiser. Yes, it was also a fundraiser, but first it was our chance to come together as fellow parishioners and strengthen our bonds of friendship. The weather was great and we had some 40 participants including Bishop Kenneth Steiner. He was on my team which I thought would be a guaranteed win. Well, our team shot –10 par ...an experience of golf of which I have never experienced personally. But, another team shot –12 par and took the prize for first place. Wow!! I just counted myself fortunate for only losing a net of two golf balls during the entire 18 holes of the game. Talk about miracles. We played best ball or scramble rules where each series of shots takes place from the best previous ball placement. That meant that I did a lot of cheering, but rarely was my shot good enough. No matter, because we all had a fantastic time, and that was the first and foremost reason for the tournament.

I would like to offer my thanks to Joe Flaim who was the lead coordinator of the tourney and not only organized things, but also found sponsors. Also, I want to express my thanks to John Williams for his help in coordinating with Dutcher Creek Golf Course and Kathy Zahniser for handling all the registrations at the office and miscellaneous transactions when we arrived at the golf course. If you think you could be of assistance in this endeavor for next year, contact Kathy at the office or Joe personally. While it wasn’t a labor intensive project, it still involved a fair amount of work for just a few people. Remember, many hands make light work. So, consider being a part of next year’s golf tournament planning team.

Blessings,

Fr. William Holtzinger
Pastor

No comments: