Monday, May 2, 2011

New Life

Dear Parishioners,

Easter Cleaning
After Easter Sunday, I took the rest of the week off to be with family. Before I left, I took the opportunity to do some spring cleaning. I highly recommend this as a another way to celebrate Easter.

Take a look around your house and ask yourself, what things have I either not worn, not read, or not used in the past year. Then proceed to gather those items up and either have a garage sale, gift them to someone who could use them, or give them to our local St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Store. Believe me the feeling is wonderful. It is a way to remind us that Christ can take those old things, the baggage or sins in our lives, and transform or remove them altogether. Easter is a time to be reminded that because of Christ’s resurrection, we can be set free from the stuff that holds us down. We have the gift to live in the Spirit and let go. Try it. You won't regret it.

New Dog
Also while on vacation, I went to most every animal shelter from Medford to Portland in search of a new house companion. I had my list of requirements, and I found just the right one! He’s a three year old white poodle. He was in a Riverside County animal shelter prior to being moved to the Albany area where I found him. He was pretty disheveled having been neutered and then later attacked by a dog in the same shelter. He’s very calm, affectionate, and loves everyone. The one thing is that he has no name. At this writing, I’m calling him Benny (think Gentle Ben, St. Benedict, Bennie Beaver, and Pope Benedict). I’m open to all kinds of name ideas, so feel free tell me your ideas, or email me, or pass along a note through the office. In time, I will settle on a name. Thank you all for your prayers and support in this regard. It is nice to have a companion around the house again.

Blessings,

Fr. William Holtzinger
Pastor