Saturday, October 16, 2010

New Roman Missal Discussed (Updated Oct. 19, 2010)

Dear Parishioners,

Last weekend I mentioned at Mass that I was gone the previous week for the annual Priest Convocation where all the priests serving the Archdiocese came for further education, fellowship, and more. Fr. Jeremy Driscoll, O.S.B. was our keynote speaker. He is part of the Vox Clara group who is assisting the Church in translating the Latin texts for our upcoming new edition of the Roman Missal (think, that big red book the priest uses at Mass). If you were at any of the Masses at which I presided, you will remember that I mentioned that I would put Fr. Jeremy’s talks online. Since my original bulletin letter for this weekend, I have published all his talks which are about an hour-and-a-half long each. Due to their lengths, each talk spans two CD's. I have made three copies of each which are available at the office for check out and return. However, the easiest way to listen to them is on my podcast, The Mysteries of the Mass, which can be found at www.mysteriesofthemass.com. This web site hosts many other talks on the Mass which can also be accessed and subscribed to via iTunes.
Blessings,

Fr. William Holtzinger
Pastor

No comments: