Monday, March 30, 2009

Update: New Parish Assignment

Dear Parishioners,

Reassignment update: I am scheduled to be transfered to Grants Pass, home of St. Anne’s Church (www.stannechurch.com) and grade school with missions in Rogue River and Cave Junction. In addition, the parish is closely connect with St. Rita’s Retreat Center. While this assignment is unlikely to change, one never knows. There have been times when a last minute situation arose and a whole reshuffling of the cards was made. As promised, I will continue to let the community know developments as soon as possible. With any community, rumors can fly. So, I simply encourage you to follow my web site, (www.frbill.org) or my Twitter account (www.twitter/frbill66) for the most up-to-date information directly from me. I will, of course, continue to let everyone know via the parish bulletin and weekend Masses. However, there is a week’s lag time for those avenues. As a geek priest and in a desire for transparency, I will continue to use technology to keep connected in a timely way with as many people as possible.

I am quite overwhelmed at the magnitude of the new assignment, but trust that God will grant me the ability to do my best. I haven’t turned my heart much in the direction to the new parish, as I am still grieving the fact that I will be leaving St. Anthony’s. I am the kind of person who blooms where he is planted, and I trust that will be the same in Grants Pass. I’ve heard many wonderful things about the community. I ask that you pray for them as well as myself.

Regarding our new pastor, no decisions have been made. I imagine that it will take a while before it is settled since priests can change their minds late into the process. But, again, rest assured that I will let everyone know as soon as possible. Look towards the web links previously mentioned if you want to know the second it is public, or just keep your ears and eyes peeled at Mass and the parish bulletin. In the meanwhile, please keep our new pastor in your prayers. Pray for wisdom for those making the decisions at the Archdiocese. The personnel board is a wonderful group of people. I trust they will do the best they can.

Thank you all for your generous support. I am very moved by your shared sadness and prayers. But, may we all remember that God’s plans are bigger than our own. I’ve never been disappointed in God’s providence. Let us hope with confidence. Remember that as Lent begins to come to a close, the Church reminds us that we are ultimately Easter people, people who trust in God’s saving work through the resurrected Christ. With Jesus in our midst, we can have confidence in the plans about to unfold.

Blessings,

Fr. William Holtznger
Pastor

3 comments:

Cindy Crocker said...

Omgoodness! How exciting! I am Cindy Crocker from St Patrick of the Forest in Cave Junction. It seems by your announcement here that you will be our new pastor. Awesome! We will hold you in prayer as you make the transition. I am sure your parish will miss you and you them. We are looking forward to growing and blooming with you here in So Oregon. Please let me know if there is any way we can be of assistance to you. :o)

Fr. William Holtzinger said...

Dear Cindy,
There is one very special way to assist me: Please keep me in your prayers. Transitions are always hard. Please also keep St. Anthony's and all the parishioners from St. Patrick, Our Lady of the River, St. Rita's, and St. Anne's in your prayers. Saying good bye is difficult. I imagine Msgr. Moys will be missed too. I will do the best I can. God's got something cookin'. Let's see where we're lead.

-Fr. Bill

Anonymous said...

Praise Our Heavenly Father,

Something is surely cooking :)

Monsignor Moys will be greatly missed. Hope he is given a sabbatical. He has earned one.

As you are no stranger to beautiful Southern Oregon, welcome back Fr. Holizinger, you are in our prayers.

Kathleen C.